Wednesday, November 21, 2007

2 days with little sleep

I've had maybe 3 hours of sleep in the last two days.

This is very frustrating.

I need rest but I can't sleep. I hurt.

I hate this...and I wish I had enough pain medication that I could relax enough to get a good night's rest but I don't know if that will ever happen.

How some doctors treat chronic pain patients with invisible disabilities is a disgrace. We can put men on the moon and build hybrid cars and go live on a space station but people in pain are denied adequate relief because of an archaic view that perpetuates the fear of addiction in people who are far more concerned with being able to live a halfway decent life than they are in how people look at them. I'd just like to have the opportunity to cook a meal for my family without having to stop for rest periods and try not to leave myself so worn out that the pain will drive me to the bedroom later in the day.

Something's wrong here.

No comments: