Monday, July 14, 2008

emotional

Some days I am sad because of my illness. It's not anger or resentment, but it is sadness because I am missing so many things that I used to enjoy.

My older daughter enjoys playing outside in the kiddie pool with the boys. I can't do that. I am too sensitive to light to tolerate time outside except when necessary. They even go to the city pool once in a while in the summer. I wouldn't tolerate that either. I remember how much I used to enjoy watching my kids in the pool and playing in the water with them and to be missing that with the boys saddens me.

I miss family get-togethers. Barbecues, holiday celebrations...they all have to be observed differently now than they used to be.

I used to really enjoy cleaning my house and seeing it dust-free and smelling the Pine-Sol in the kitchen. Now I have to split up cleaning chores and it's not quite the same.

It's funny the things we miss when life changes.

No comments: