Sunday, August 03, 2008

bad couple of weeks

The pressure of the Mississippi River Valley on my head, and inside it as well, has made the past couple of weeks pretty miserable for me. The pain level on my right side is up from a 4 to a pretty steady 4-5 again and I've had to take 1/2 a Lortab a couple times and I took a Maxalt on Friday, I believe. I haven't had a migraine in a while. I wasn't even really sure what this was and was just trying to cover all my bases. Tylenol, then Vicodin, then Maxalt. Progression of reason.

Going outside even to do the chicken stuff has become a greater effort. It's harder to breathe in the increased humidity and by the time I've been out for say, 10 minutes the sweat is pouring down my legs and forehead and I'm feeling a bit sweaty and wondering if I chose the wrong profession.

I see the pain doc this week on Wednesday. I'm going to talk to her about the pain and see if she'd rather have me back off on my activity or increase my dose from 25mg to 30mg a day to compensate for doing more because I feel a bit more human.

I need to get my iron level redrawn. I need to schedule my mammygram and a bone scan. I need to stop by my PCP's office and get more OAB samples so we can find one that works for me, or at least a reasonable facsimile.

I also need to go to the ophthalmologist and take a sample of my needle and thread and handwork and tell him I need the bottom part of my lenses to enable to do that, which it is not doing right now. I can't thread a small machine needle till like the 5th or 6th try. That's not enough. That's why I got the progressive/bifocal lenses. I need to be able to do this. It's part of my therapy.

I miss my life.

No comments: