Saturday, February 10, 2007

day 492

So I've been on the Zoloft for a week now and no bad reactions. So far, so good. However, I'm on the lowest dose, only 25 mg. I don't increase it till next Saturday. I'm hoping it works, but I'm not holding my breath.

I got a letter from the lawyer. They want a letter from my doctor saying I'm disabled and unable to work before they'll look at my case. That means next week I need to make an appointment to see the neurologist and get that letter. No biggie...he'll do it without blinking.

My head has been acting up for a couple weeks now, with me having to take Extra Strength Tylenol for backup relief at least once a day. I've been living in the bat cave again because the light is bugging my eyes. I'm not sure if it's stress, or increased activity, or the weather, or my sinuses, or what. I just know I don't like it. I wish it would stop.

The ringing in my ears is worse, too. I hate that. It's like it's never ever quiet here any more and it makes it hard to watch TV because I can't hear but if I turn it up it hurts.

What did I do before this?

I can hardly remember any more, except it was a lot more than I do now.


Steph said...

I hate to say this, but I am finding comfort in knowing there are others out there who have this pain. It has only been a week, but I am certain I have occipital neuralgia. Unfortunately, my GP and two visits to the ER don't seem to want to order any CT scans or MRI's, so I am begging a neurologist at work to see me. I commend you for dealing with this for well over a year, as I know my week has been pure hell.

RusticateGirl said...

You are not alone. Here is an email from my aunt recently:

P.S. I promised you that I would keep you updated with my health saga. After three months of extremely difficult contemplation, I have decided to go ahead with Dr. Silberstein's protocol to try two vials of botox injections. This time, however, I am going to take the day off after the injections to keep my neck on hot compresses. My appointment is scheduled for Thursday, March 1st; and I'll stay home on Friday, the 2nd. That will give me four days to rest. I am absolutely dreading it but fear that if I do not follow his protocol he will not perceive me as a "serious" patient. My hip pain has become a major issue also. Holding Gabriel is now completely out of the question. I was scheduled for another bone density test this morning but I have to reschedule that appointment because of the poor road conditions. My GYN does not think it is osteoporosis, but this test will show if any additional bone loss has occurred since last year. I will undoubtedly be going for a CAT Scan/MRI to hopefully get some diagnosis so they can treat the pain. I have also been very short of breath, so that's another issue I'm going to have to address soon. The surprising news is that I have weened myself off of Amerge. It has been one month now. It got to the point where I was "crashing" so badly that the pain was unbearable. I decided that the Amerge was no longer beneficial - it was more detrimental. It hasn't been easy, but I am managing. Fortunately, work has a doctor's office; so the nurses are getting pretty accustomed to seeing me down there! If my head and face are excruciating, I go down to the nurse's office on my lunch hour and lay down. I am also getting better at calling off sick. I really have no choice. Going off of the Amerge was the right thing to do for me. And so, that's pretty much where I'm at. I take one day at a time, and I won't deny that every day is a challenge. The fact that my new job didn't come through has been a real let down. I was really looking forward to being out of the "limelight", not having to deal with 36 people "face to face" everyday, smile when I don't feel like smiling, tell somebody "it's going to be alright" when my own body is constantly telling me that it will never be alright again. I will be moving my office over to another area, sharing the end of an office suite with the receptionist but at least having a beautiful large conference room adjoining my office area that I can access for confidential conversations, etc. That will be wonderful. I hope your neck isn't causing you too much grief babe. I worry about that. I'm trying to keep the faith and trust you will keep this depressing epistle to yourself. It was very difficult for me to share it with you because I don't want to burden anybody. Scott and Mitch do not know. Love always, Auntie