Sunday, March 05, 2006

an owie kind of day

My head hurts. What a surprise, huh?

I started the Neurontin on Friday night. It did make me a little dizzy and still does about an hour or so after I take it, but it's not too bad. I'm not sure how it's gonna be when I up the dosage on Tuesday, but we'll deal with that when we get there.

Last night I had to take DHE and Vicodin and again this afternoon I took Vicodin. I don't like taking those meds but I get to the point where I can't stand it any more and I have to do something. At least it brings the pain down to a manageable level.

I think I have a sinus infection. I'm going to make a doctor's appointment tomorrow, probably for Tuesday because DD#1 has 3 sick kids and her hubby has to use her car this week so she has no way to get them to the doctor, so I offered to take her. I remember not having a car with 3 kids. It's no fun, and at least I lived in the city on a bus route; they're out in the sticks and no buses go out there. She's been sick this week, too, with a sinus infection/bronchitis/flu thing and a wonderful yeast infection that's not getting better with the 3-day treatment.

After I increase the Neurontin on Tuesday and wait three days I'll start the Indomethacin if it's here yet. I have to be careful not to start too many things at once so I can monitor for side effects. That way I know I'm reacting to this drug or that drug, not reacting to one of the two of them.

The blinds are shut now and hubby taped a piece of paper over the door window so the sun isn't pouring in there. My photosensitivity keeps getting worse and worse. Pretty soon I'm going to have to get those wraparound sunglasses to keep myself protected and stave off headaches triggered by the light.

What a thrilling life I lead.

No comments: