Tuesday, May 23, 2006

goodbye Elavil

I have to go off this stuff. I can't stand the side effects...confusion, fatigue, bad taste in my mouth, dry mouth...it's not worth the small amount of relief I get. I'd rather just hurt.

I'm sure my neurologist will welcome the news when I go to see him again.

Well, he can feel how he wants to. It's my brain, and my body, and I don't want to go through this.

I wonder how long the side effects will hang around. I hope it's not for long. I'd like to be able to taste my food again.

I took a Vicodin and half a Xanax tonight. I needed them. I almost took a whole Xanax but I need to be at least halfway alert until all the boys are asleep. My head is hurting, though, and it's bad enough to need those meds through the Elavil's masking, so I took what I knew I could get away with.

Tomorrow I'll be sewing again. I have blocks to make for this swap I'm in. I'm glad for the sewing. It gives me something to think about instead of pain.

No comments: