Wednesday, May 17, 2006

hope

I've been on the Elavil a week now, and the neuro bumped me up to 50mg at bedtime starting tonight. The 25mg dose is making a small difference in the pain, so he wants to see if a bigger dose will help more. I'm experiencing some side effects, but nothing bad enough to make me stop taking the medication. I do need to get some breath mints to help with the nasty taste in my mouth.

Today I took my first Vicodin in a week. It seems to run in cycles where I don't have bad head pain for a week or so and then I have some for several days. I also did more today than I have in a while and that might have contributed to the headache. I try to keep things as simple as I can lately because throwing things out of whack tends to mess with my head.

I go back to the neurologist in 6 weeks to 2 months. He'll want to know how the Elavil is working and will monitor my vitals and stuff as well as the side effects.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to go back to working as a nurse, but I'd like to go back to work some day. I feel like a slug sitting here day after day with just the house to keep clean and not bringing any money in.

No comments: