Wednesday, May 31, 2006

ouch.

I had a most decidedly unpleasant experience this evening.

I was sitting in my chair watching TV and all of a sudden it felt as if someone had taken an arrow and stabbed it through my eye socket and into my face below my nose, toward my upper left teeth and ear. It was an intense pain, and very strong. I couldn't stay quiet about it. Hubby was very concerned when he heard me cry out.

I think it lasted about 15 or 20 seconds.

After that, it was difficult to open my mouth all the way without feeling like there was a catch in my right jaw. There was pain between my ear and my eye socket along the top of what I can only describe as my cheekbone. I still have that residual pain though the difficulty opening my mouth is gone.

The ATN pain I have has never felt like this. I get sharp electrical-like pains occasionally, but this was a new feeling.

I didn't like it.

At all.

No comments: