Thursday, January 26, 2006

colds and headaches

It's fun having a cold with these headaches. I can't tell if I'm hurting from the headache thing, the neuralgia thing, the allodynia thing, or the pressure from having gallons of extra fluid floating around in my sinuses.

I ended up rescheduling the spinal tap again. I just couldn't visualize trying to stay still on my side for over an hour when I'm coughing and sneezing like a fool. I'm halfway tempted to reschedule my neurosurgeon's appointment, too. I don't feel like doing much of anything right now, including but not limited to a drive to St. Louis to talk to someone who wants to put a big long fat needle in my head.

I'm in pain this morning. I took my 2 DHE pills for the week already and I took an entire extra extra strength Vicodin yesterday. I hate it when I hurt this much. It makes me miserable and doesn't help my tolerance of other people, either.

The stabbing pains above my right eye had fallen way off for a while, but as of yesterday they are back with a vengeance. I can't say I missed them but it was a pleasant interlude while it lasted. Now we're back to ouch, ouch, ouch again. I guess I should take more time to notice the little things that make life tolerable and appreciate them, even if they are merely the absence of one of the several pains I deal with on a regular basis now.

I'm thinking of taking a creative writing class online once we get our tax refund and I have a few extra dollars. Going somewhere for a class where I have to deal with people talking and chattering and breathing in my space is beyond my capabilities at this point in time, but I think I might be able to handle something online where I can interact at my own tolerance level.

Gosh, my head hurts...

No comments: