Saturday, January 07, 2006

Same old same old

After a while even headaches fall into a routine. Start with one, sometimes it gets worse, take some medicine, take a nap, work on things when you can, don't when you can't...

I officially ended my job again. Somehow the person I gave the message to didn't get it to the other person so I had to send her an official letter. It was short and sweet but should do the trick. I hated quitting that job. I really liked it.

Things are getting tighter. I'm getting the cellphones shut off this coming week. I'm paring down our satellite service to the most basic package I can get. We've switched to a cheaper car insurance. If I can sell the Olds we'll be okay for a while.

My mom has offered to send us money. I don't want to take it but I don't want to offend her, either. She's a strange little bird. So, the money will go in our savings account and when my disability kicks in I'll send it back to her, since none of her gifts of any size come unattached. I remember when she "bought" me a car one year when I didn't have one and the kids were young. She was all excited and bragging about it, and then she informed me what the payments were going to be. I don't see that as a gift. She obviously did. Oh well, live and learn...

Son's electric got shut off this week. I'm not in a place where I can help, and, besides, I decided I wasn't going to do that any more. He and his wife are 24 and it's time they learned to pay bills first and spend later instead of the other way around. Her dad lives across the street so they can use his shower and stuff. They still have water, they live in Florida, and they have a fireplace. It could be much worse.

I may end up writing exclusively in here soon. I can't afford the OD+ subscription price and I hate the pop-ups. I have one more month there. I want to download my diary though so I don't lose any of my entries.

My head is starting to hurt(more) again. I've gotten to the point where I don't take meds unless I can't stand it. It's either that or I take them every day.

I'm gonna go lay down.

No comments: