Wednesday, June 14, 2006

how deep is the rabbit hole?

I got in to see the neurologist yesterday. He gave me a script for my Vicodin and Xanax, and also for Doxepin. I guess he thinks that will be the magic cure-all pill. We'll see. I don't like the look of the side effects.

I also called the Mizzou hospital and got the numbers for their pain clinic and their neurology clinic. Maybe I can find a doctor there who can help me out a little more, and maybe their pain people will be a bit more understanding and not want me over there 3 days a week. St. Louis is unreasonable.

I start the Doxepin tonight. I do hope I don't get the "stupid" thing going again.

My head is a mess. I've had 3 bad nights and finally last night I took drugs before bed so I could sleep. I've missed making hubby's breakfast for 3 days in a row now and feel horrid about it. I also miss that little bit of morning time with him. I've napped on and off all day in between a few errands I needed to run. I feel like I could sleep for hours.

I wasn't going to post today but this is my way of keeping track of all the ups and downs with my meds so here I am. I need a place where I can go and look back and see where I've been in case I forget things, like when I lost my sunglasses in the car today. Thank goodness one of the grandtwins found them or I'd have been out $30 or so because they're the magnetic ones that go with my prescription glasses.

I need to put some chicken nuggets in the oven so hubby has something to eat. It's almost dinner time.

No comments: