Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Eve

I'm done with the gifts. It's a good feeling considering how crappy I've been feeling. I guess, in a weird sort of way, I'm getting used to it.

My diagnosis, though frustrating, is certainly better than not knowing anything. I'd rather have a name to put with this mess than to have the mess with no name.

I didn't even make it all the way to WalMart and back today before the headache started in. I drove over half the way home at 35 miles an hour. I used to be such a leadfoot...I used to crank up my music and sing along at the top of my lungs...I used to giggle and scream and all kinds of things I can't do any more without paying nasty consequences.

I can sew, though. I can sew, and when I hurt, I can put it down and pick it back up and continue when I'm feeling better, or at least when I can handle the noise of the machine.

Tomorrow the kids and grandbabies will be here just for a short while so we can exchange presents and have a little snack. We were going to do a meal but there's no way I can handle that at this point in my disease process. I'd end up in the bedroom in the dark with the fan on, and that's rude. The kids understand. They've been really good about it all, though it certainly has put a kink in the way we used to do things. I can't be out and about like I used to. It half kills me. Not to mention the fact that not working put a big fat kink in the bank account...

I guess I'll just make the best of what I have and what I can do instead of grousing about what I can't do, since it won't change anything, anyhow.

Attitude...it's all about attitude...what you do with what you're handed...

No comments: