Sunday, December 18, 2005

Day 73 and counting

The nerve block didn't do much good.

I wasn't anticipating a miracle but I was hoping for at least some relief. I got some...for about 24 hours. Last night I had to take a Vicodin. The headache doc said to limit my DHE use to not more than twice a week. I'd already taken it once for two days, and then on Friday I took two. That was enough. I still had a mean headache, though, so I had to do something.

Today that tight feeling is back. My neck is sore and I can feel the tenseness coming on just like it used to be. Drat...

I need to make the appointment for the second series of shots on Thursday or Friday of this week, and then on the 27th I get to go for my lumbar puncture.

I'm hoping the disability paperwork goes through and gets approved, or things will be getting pretty darn tight around here come springtime. We can make it on what hubby makes, but we don't have anything extra for car breakdowns or anything that might come up of an unanticipated nature.

I'm making steady progress on my Christmas gifts when I feel up to sewing or cutting. I'm hoping I get them all done on time and shipped out so the ones going out of state arrive within a reasonable time frame. I'm not holding my breath on that, though...I'll have to ship them priority to get them there on time now, I think, and I'm not sure how much that is going to cost, and we have to pay the personal property taxes and get the plates for the van. Those are paramount. If the gifts are late, they're late.

I keep hoping I'll be able to come here and post about how my headaches have fled, but that's not happening. I guess it's all part of the process.

No comments: