Wednesday, December 21, 2005

it shouldn't be like this

I hurt.

My head is worse now than it was before the nerve block shots. I've awakened to pain every day since last Friday.

I'm stopping the Plavix. The headache doc said there is no proof it helps prevent a stroke if you haven't had one already. I got the most horrendous nosebleed yesterday. It lasted over an hour. It scared me. It felt like I lost a half pint of blood. It just wouldn't stop.

I also have to talk to this guy about the Diamox. It's drying me out to no end and that's what triggered the nosebleed. I'm not sure I can keep taking it at the dose he wants, either.

I'm supposed to go get another set of shots tomorrow. I'm not sure I'm up to it.

The DHE is about as effective as the Maxalt. It helps, but doesn't stop the pain.

It looks like Christmas is going to suck this year. I haven't got the energy to spend time with a house full of family.

I wish I could figure out what triggered this whole mess. It was like I was going along with occasional migraines, one or two a month, and then BAM! "Hello, my name is pain, and I'm moving in with you now. You'll wish some days you were dead. Others you'll be able to function, but I'll always be there, ready to strike at the least expected or most inopportune moment. Get over it. There's nothing you can do about it."

I need to do stuff. I'd better get it started.

No comments: