Monday, October 16, 2006

irked

I'm just irritated right now.

It's not right that I should have to go searching for a doctor who is willing to help me get these headaches under control.

It's not right that I am being looked at as someone engaging in drug-seeking behavior because I hurt 24/7 and want some relief.

I'm not looking to get stoned or high.

I just want to be able to sleep and not wake up feeling like I haven't been to bed yet.

I'd like to be able to go outside and not have to cover my eyes all the time because the light from the sun hurts.

I'd like a doctor to look at me and see me, a person, a responsible adult in pain, and not some junkie searching for a fix.

I am so ticked off right now I could scream.

1 comment:

RusticateGirl said...

I saw your comment on my blog; I don't have much time to browse much through your blog at this point, but from what I can see - wow - your situation seems very much like my aunt's. The ONLY relief she gets from her headaches (which are more debilitating than the AFP on some level) is from a drug called Amerge. She has to "ration" it as they will not give her a month's supply due to the volatility of the drug (I think she is up to 18 a month or something like that). Or she gets relief from the IV drip when she occassionally has to go to the ER, which I think is liquid morphine. Just thought I'd share.

You're right. You shouldn't have to prove yourself to the medical world that you are not trying to score drugs, or defend yourself.

I do believe that with the birth of the internet and consequently a more clear understanding that TN and AFP are not such rare conditions afterall, that more research $$ will be generated to find substantial results to help people like yourself, hopefully within the next 5 years or so, or at least some dramatic improvements in the understanding and treatment of the condition.

Hang in there. If I could take the pain away, I would.