Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Migraine

Yesterday was a bad head day.

I ended up with a migraine on top of the other pain by mid-afternoon and had to give in and take a "poison pill" to get any relief. Still, the pain from the other hurts stayed higher than usual, and that didn't help the migraine at all.

This morning I really wanted to just take a whole Vicodin but then I have to wait 6 hours to take any more and then it throws my whole freaking schedule off and that is way more than I can handle today.

Some days I just want to sit down and cry, but that makes my head hurt more, and I can't have that, now can I?

Oh, the joys of an invisible disability...

And then I'm looking on the website for the face pain group I belong to and it says that because Missouri is one of the "test states" for this new SSDI thing and I was denied on my first try at applying for benefits I was just tossed in line for a hearing and it may take up to a couple YEARS to get one. Thank goodness hubby has a job, or I'd be living on the streets.

It's disgraceful how people who get sick are treated.

I'd better shut up while I'm ahead.

No comments: