Friday, October 27, 2006

wow

The Methadone is working!

I can't do much more than just slug around like I used to or the pain gets worse, but as long as I stay about as active as I was, it keeps the pain at a relatively handle-able level. The nicest thing is the level is consistent, not up and down like it was with the Vicodin.

It's also nice to not have to take meds every 4 hours. This 12-hour thing I can live with.

I still have the ear-ringing, and the sound and light sensitivity. I guess you can't have everything, and I think I remember reading that the tinnitus might be from nerve damage. Maybe it was the nerve that got aggravated and started these headaches...I don't know.

Son in law was just diagnosed with seizure disorder and now he can't drive till he's been seizure-free for 6 months...poor guy...he lost his job because it involves lots of driving. My daughter is going today to apply for assistance and to look for a job. They have no insurance for them but at least the kidlets have Medicaid. She's gonna see if they qualify now that nobody is working. Sometimes you just wonder at the irony of life.

No comments: