Monday, August 07, 2006

feeling defiant and paying for it

Yesterday I swept and mopped the kitchen/dining room and the guest bathroom, washed the rugs from that bathroom, and washed the extra pillows hubby brought in from the car we're going to try to sell. I finished the quillows for the twins. I did a tiny bit of shopping. I'm tired to death of feeling like crap and letting it make me lie like a slug on the couch all day, every day. I chose to do what I felt like I needed to do in spite of the pain.

I decided last night I was staying in bed whether or not I slept. I did get about 5 hours, but I hurt this morning because it had been several hours since I had a pill.

I got out the vacuum this morning and did the living room. I rearranged the furniture and dusted the whole thing. I did the hallway, and then I got our bedroom and bathroom. I pulled the sheets and put them in the washer.

I moved some of the sewing stuff into the guest room, rearranged the sewing room a little, and made it a combination fabric storage room and play/sleep room for the boys. That allowed me to get the toy box out of the living room.

I had to move the cat food and water dishes to make room for the sewing machine, which I moved back into the kitchen/dining room because I'd rather sew in here anyhow, and that way I can spend time with hubby while I'm sewing.

I took a shower because I was all sweaty and stinky.

Now I hurt.

I overdid.

I may have to take more medicine, but a clean house is way worth it.

I won't be doing this much again for a while, but sometimes you just have to say "screw the pain" and do things anyhow.

Now I can take a nap.

No comments: