Wednesday, August 23, 2006

sleep

I actually got some sleep last night. It was nice.

I took half a Vicodin around 8:20. We headed to bed at our usual time right after the news. I stayed awake till around 11 - I remember hearing the clock chime - and didn't wake up till just after 2. I came and got another dose of medicine and decided to go lay back down. Amazingly enough, I fell back asleep and didn't wake up till hubby gave me a good morning kiss around 5:30.

I feel almost human again.

Yesterday I had to cover the kitchen windows with sheets to block out the light that comes through the blinds. They're light-filtering blinds, not room-darkening ones. I'll have to rectify that. I was thinking of making Roman shades but they're a lot of work and I get the feeling hubby is going to balk at putting any more holes in the walls, so maybe I'll just stick with the blinds and then make some lined curtains and put tiebacks on them so on the afternoons when my photosensitivity is bad, like yesterday, I can just release the tiebacks and block out the light. I'm going to make some lined curtains for the living room, too. We have some of the cheapy drapes from WalMart but for what I paid for them I can get some decent fabric that I like and will be unique and whip up some that will meet our needs a little more competently.

We're rearranging the bedroom to accommodate my sleeping needs a little better. We switched bed sides so that I can lie on my stomach and face out instead of facing hubby's back, which blocks the airflow that I so desperately need when I hurt, and this afternoon when he gets home from work he's going to move the dressers. I'm going to try and get a head start on that by taking the drawers out and knickknacks off so that they will be lighter. He's fussing about it but he'll do it, knowing it will help my peace of mind.

Next week we go for the Methadone...I'm just trying to breathe my way through till then. I've had the feeling I might need to go to the ER again for a couple days but I detest the thought of running into the jerk doctor so I fight it off. If it gets bad enough I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and pray he's not there.

No comments: