Saturday, August 12, 2006

finally got some sleep...

...after a trip to the ER.

I don't like this ER doc. He tried, again, to give me just 25 mg of Phenergan instead of 50. What's the big frickin' deal? I wasn't asking for tons of narcotics, just something to help with the nausea the Dilaudid gives me...obviously the man has no concept of what it's like to be in chronic pain with an acute flare-up. When we arrived at the ER my BP was 156/108. It went higher...up to 174/110 or close to that, anyhow.

They finally gave me the whole dose of Phenergan after I told them to send him in so I could talk to him. I reminded them that I get very nauseated when I take Dilaudid, and that every time I go in, they give me 50 of Phenergan because that's what works.

The pain was worse than I can ever remember it being. I was sitting in the ER crying like a baby. Thankfully hubby was there...he talked to me and reminded me to breathe and focus and helped me with what might called guided visualization - whatever you call it, it works some...telling me about things they find in the tummies of tiger sharks - they're kinda like the goats of the shark family. They've found hubcaps, beer cans, all kinds of interesting things. He was watching the monitor and every time the machine took my BP and pulse he'd tell me what it was and then tell me which shark tooth pattern the pulse ox measurement looked like...tiger shark, then mako, then a circular saw blade...

I see the neuro on Wednesday. It can't come soon enough.

At least after the shot I got some sleep. I think I slept 4 hours. I don't want to sleep any more or I'll be up all night again.

The Dilaudid is still working. I haven't taken a pain pill since I get home and I don't feel like I need to yet.

No comments: