Friday, August 11, 2006

what's going on?

The past two days have been bad for me. I feel like I'm eating the Vicodin like candy. I've slept more at night because I'm so exhausted from not sleeping, and then when I wake up I hurt so bad I can barely stand it.

When this all started it took me almost 5 months to go through 30 Vicodin. Now I'm taking between 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 a day. When will it stop?

I'm hoping to discuss trying some kind of scheduled pain medicine when I see Dr. B next week. This "as needed" thing is getting ludicrous...I need the med all the time.

It's not like it was; the intensity is increasing, and it's really taking its toll on me psychologically as well. I feel housebound and that bothers me. I can barely go out to go to the grocery store without feeling wiped out. I don't go visiting family. We don't go to the movies or out to eat.

This morning it took everything I had to eat. My face hurt so bad I didn't want to even put the spoon in my mouth, but if I take the meds with no food, I get sick.

This is certainly no fun.

I was talking to hubby last night and told him I wouldn't wish this on anyone. And, truth be told, I mean it. There are people in my life who have caused me a great deal of pain, and even they wouldn't deserve this. Nobody deserves to hurt like this, all day, every day. Nobody.

I'll have to go shopping Sunday morning. I don't go to the store on Friday nights or Saturday afternoons. It's too busy.

I hurt.

No comments: